Introducing the Overtimepack
IF SOME IS GOOD, MORE IS BETTER
The Overtimepack allows you to ride your Powerplay farther than ever before, putting more time in on the trail before needing a charge.
The Overtimepack is a range extender for our Powerplay lineup that offers an additional 330 Wh of battery capacity. When combined with our massive 672 Wh Powerplay battery, you have over 1000 Wh to drain before it's time to rest. It's about more saddle time, more trail time, and more of the good times.
The Overtimepack drains its full 330 Wh capacity before you use any of the 672 Wh battery in your Powerplay. Your iWoc remote will read as fully charged until you begin to work your way through the main 672 Wh battery of the bike. The “RIDE MORE, FASTER, FURTHER” indicator on the Overtimepack will let you know how much of your 330 Wh battery remains.
- No need to stop & swap batteries - Already plugged in, just keep riding.
- Anti-rattle rigid attachment - Exterior battery mounts are notoriously sloppy. We offer a solid mount that’s designed for aggressive mountain biking.
- Theft deterrent design - Tooled attachment discourages the theft of expensive accessories.
- A more comfortable way to carry more energy - No need to carry a heavy battery on your back. Not only is it unsafe, but it can also throw your balance off.
- A better handling eMTB - Overtimepack pack is located down low on the bike by the drive
You can use the standard Powerplay 5A charger for the Overtimepack (while attached). You can charge both batteries in parallel with two separate chargers even more quickly. Overtimepack can serve as a Jerrycan charger, filling the main battery without a charger. It takes 2.5 charges of the Overtimepack to Jerrycan fill a 672Wh Powerplay battery completely.
If the 672Wh battery in your Powerplay is empty, the Overtimepack will charge your battery to nearly 50% in a little over 2 hours.
Filmed by Liam Mullany
Featuring Vaea Verbeeck
Photos by Margus Riga
Climbing ain't dead
It’s no secret that riding an eMTB makes climbing easier. In fact, that’s kind of the point for a lot of riders. But Camille Servant sees the added assistance from the motor as a chance to approach his riding differently.
From climbing up features he never dreamt possible to picking routes that mine as well be the Penrose Stairs, Camille’s having as much fun on the climbs as he is on the descents. There’s something to be said for the love/hate relationship many of us have for the traditional and monotonous grind, but we’re excited to see Camille mixing it up.
Presented by: Rocky Mountain
Video by: Lone Wolf Productions
Featuring: Camille Servant
Introducing the Altitude Powerplay
Ride more, further, faster. The Altitude Powerplay brings cutting-edge power to an aggressive trail bike, and opens the door to amazing terrain for all.
Introducing a fully integrated, electric-assist mountain bike that takes our Altitude’s legendary handling and ride quality and adds a compact, powerful drive system. The new Powerplay™ drive system was designed in parallel with the frame, delivering ultra-short chainstays, optimised suspension kinematics, super-low centre of gravity, and class-leading torque. The result is an e-MTB that actually rides like a proper mountain bike—perfect for everything from self-shuttling all mountain trails, finding flow between the descents, and squeezing in power lunch rides.Intended use: Aggressive Trail Wheel size: 27.5 Wide Trail Front travel: 160mm Rear travel: 150mm
“Rather than bolt on a bulky off-the-shelf system, we struck out on our own to redefine the category. The Powerplay system is the result of designing an electric drive for the suspension and geometry needs of proper mountain bikes; in fact, the geometry and pivot points of the Altitude Powerplay are identical to those of the new Altitude. In our opinion this is the first electric bike that actually rides like a mountain bike should.”
— Alex Cogger, Rocky Mountain Product Line Director
It’s an Altitude — The Altitude Powerplay has the same geometry and suspension performance as the unassisted Altitude platform. It is the first e-MTB that features true aggressive trail ride feel.
Next generation drive system — The Powerplay™ drive system was designed from the ground up to allow true mountain bike performance, while providing class-leading torque, massive battery capacity, and ultra quiet operation.
Intuitive pedal assist — An in-line torque sensor provides smooth, instant power response, making for an intuitive, natural ride with no learning curve. Get on and go.
Charge fast, then charge hard — The 48v motor provides super short charge times, taking only two hours to reach 80% capacity of the available 632Wh lithium ion battery.
Fully supported — Easily serviceable components, with both replacement parts and strong dealer service support in Europe.
Powerplay™ drive system
The Powerplay™ drive system was born from the desire to push the boundaries of electric assist bikes. We knew from the project’s outset that to design an electric mountain bike to our suspension and geometry standards, we would need to take a fresh approach.
A low-mounted motor keeps the centre of gravity low and the entire system compact, while allowing for ultra-short chainstays and a bottom bracket that is integral to the frame. We use a high efficiency, three-phase brushless motor to provide class-leading torque and ultra quiet operation. To get instant power response on trail, we put the torque sensor between the chainring and the drive gear, and our 48v battery voltage allows for super fast charging.
Designed in Canada, the Powerplay™ drive system is sleek, lightweight, and powerful. Ultimately, it’s a drive system that allows us to deliver electric mountain bikes that ride like true mountain bikes.
Powerplay™ drive system details
- High efficiency, three-phase brushless motor provides class-leading torque
- Instant, natural power response makes for an intuitive ride, thanks to an in-line torque sensor
- Ultra-quiet drive operation
- 48v battery voltage for fast-charging and heat management in high-torque scenarios
- To prevent creaking and wear, pedaling forces are isolated from the drive system via a bottom bracket shell that is integral to the frame itself
- Increased stiffness thanks to structural motor casing
- Compact, low-profile motor design with reinforced motor casing and integrated motor-brace bashguard
- Display-free with a low-profile remote for a pure ride experience
- Bar-mounted remote displays assist level, battery level, and diagnostics; controls three assist levels and “walk” mode
- Optional eBikeMotion mobile app (iOS & Android) connects via Bluetooth and provides a wide range of system customization, reach estimates, ride tracking, and more
- Available with a massive 632Wh lithium-ion battery
- Minimal drag when exceeding the motor speed or when drive system is disengaged thanks to crankset clutch and elimination of traditional e-bike gearbox
- Based on a third generation electric drive system that's been in development since 2010
- Dealer service and parts support in Europe
- Wear items (BB, drive sprocket) are shop-serviceable with common shop tools
- Works with standard Race Face bottom bracket and crankset
- Charge fast, then charge hard: ultra fast charge times of 1 hour 40 minutes (to 80%) with the 500Wh battery, or 2 hours (to 80%) with the 632Wh battery
- Available full Smoothwall™ carbon frame
- Altitude Powerplay™ Carbon 90 size Medium: 47.6lb (21.6kg)
- Altitude Powerplay™ Carbon 70 size Medium: 49.2lb (22.3kg)
- Altitude Powerplay™ Carbon 50 size Medium: 49.1lb (22.3kg)
- Ride-9™ system for a wide range of geometry and suspension adjustments
- All sizes fit a water bottle inside the front triangle
- Geometry & pivot points identical to the traditional Altitude, with suspension kinematics optimized for additional chain torque
- Upper idler straightens the chainline for reduced drivetrain wear
- Integral bottom bracket shell is part of the frame, not the drive system—improving stiffness and preventing creaking or wear
- Standard PF92 bottom bracket is shop serviceable and easily replaceable
- Single-sided chainstay and seatstay pivots for a narrower rear triangle—reduces heel rub, even with Boost spacing
- Enduro MAX cartridge bearing pivots with simplified hardware
- Shock-eyelet bearings for small-bump sensitivity
- Designed for 27.5x2.5 Wide Trail tires for precise, aggressive performance; compatible with 26+ tires (26x3.0)
- Clean and tidy: oversized downtube ports for ease of cable routing, with full-length internal dropper post routing and internal brake routing in the front triangle
- Lightweight bolt-on axle for reduced hardware complexity and extra security in e-MTB applications
- Tapered ZS44 | ZS56 headset
- Post-mount 180 brakes
- Boost spacing
- 1x specific
- Metric shock, 210mm x 55mm
- Powerplay™ drive system
- Smoothwall carbon
- FORM alloy
- RIDE-9 adjustment system
- Smoothlink suspension
- Size-specific tune
Available in limited sizes and models starting July 2017. See all the models & colours.
Available in select European markets only: France, Portugal, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, United Kingdom, Switzerland, & Italy.